Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The String Game:

Kanani told me today that although he is a very brave boy about most things, he is terrified of the long white lash on my lunge whip. To him, it apparently looks like a cobra about to bite him. Well, we can't have that, now can we?

I took the long white lash (think string, here) off my lunge whip and gave him a lesson in "Yes, you can trust this thing not to hurt you."

It took about 20 minutes and a pocketful of carrots to convince him but he finally decided that I could toss the "cobra" up in the air, whirl it around my head, drag it along the ground and even throw it at him and drape it all over his body wherever the notion took me, and he would be just fine. Nothing bad would happen to him.

The photo below shows the moment of truth when he decided it was okay if I tossed it over his neck.

Such a sweet, trusting boy he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment